It’s been a while since I gave you an update on the project. Despite my lack of posting lately, work has been progressing slowly over the last few months with all the new doors and woodwork completed by the middle of January.

My new kitchenThe new flat-pack kitchen arrived during our recent bout of snow and I have been assembling units and have commenced fitting. The photo shown here is of the nearly completed “sink side” of the kitchen, a little more work needed on the cornice and this side will be complete. It’s shown with a temporary worktop in situ as I haven’t yet applied my mind as to what type of worktop to use, I’ll wait until it’s all in to get a better idea. I have chosen a plain and simple finish, the gloss cream, to allow as much light as possible to pass through the kitchen and into the dining room. The units still have their protective film which will be removed once I’ve finished to reveal a gloss finish. It won’t be long now before the electricians can return to complete their work and get the power and lights back on, it’s been quite a performance with just one socket able to be used!